Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Early Spring Flowers Pics
















I decided I'd finally post again since it was Earth Day. Today it looks like the rain has let up a little, so I need to go down into my garden to pull weeds and do a flower bed clean up. Despite the weeds, I had a decent show of Tulips and Daffodils this year even though I didn't plant more bulbs this past fall. I'm feeling better, so hopefully I'll be able to work in my garden this year.

As far as what I'll be planting this Spring; I've got a boatload of Gladiola bulbs and 6 Dahlia tubers to plant. I think the Dahlias are the "Dinner Plate" variety. The Glads I got are in bright colors, since my old ones are more in the pastels. Hopefully, they've survived the winter. I don't know if my old Dahlias made it. Haven't seen any sign of them yet.

I have hanging baskets and such to plant. Probably lots of Geraniums, Petunias, Nasturtiums, Morning Glories and Sunflowers. Of course there will be those impulse buys too. ;o)

Well, the sunshine is calling.....I will post more very soon!

No comments: