Friday, April 27, 2007

"The Mouse Patrol" Part Trois



Here is my little angel Pebbles. She's affectionately known as "Bee"; short for Pebbees.

I adopted her from the shelter nearly 13 years ago when she was only about 5 weeks old and fit in the palm of my hand. They told me at the shelter if she died, they wouldn't refund my money. I had a feeling about this one though. They had her stashed in a room full of kitty cages and she immediately came up to the cage and put her tiny paw out to me. I had actually been on the waiting list for another cat who had already been adopted and we found each other instead. I took her home and had to feed her kitten formula and strained baby food meat. She would crawl inside the bowl and be covered with food after she was done eating. She thrived and got along with my cat Pearl who has since gone to kitty heaven.

Pebbles wasn't too happy to have Ponce and Panther around after Pearl died (Another long story), but she and Panther get along great now and she tolerates Ponce. She runs the roost even though she's tiny and only weighs about 7 lbs.

She only likes me. When company comes over, she knows the minute they pull up and will dart into the nearest cubby hole to escape from whatever person who comes over. She's actually kind of like having a guard dog in that she knows when someone is approaching way before I do.

She loves catnip and is really cute the way she rolls around and stretches out after she's had a bit of the nip. She also loves rubbing my feet with her head in the middle of the night. Sometimes I have to wrap up my feet in the blankets so I can get back to sleep.

Even though she's an old lady in cat years, she's still got a lot of spunk and will tease and play with Panther pretty much everyday.

So there you have my indoor "Mouse Patrol". Yes I feed some strays that are outside too. I can't stand to see cats suffer. If I can ever get a picture of them, I will post.

No comments: