Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Introducing My Cats AKA "The Mouse Patrol"


Today I will introduce the first of my 3 cats. Ponce de Leon is a kitty of substantial girth. He weighs in at 25 lbs! I think he weighs more than my 1 1/2 year old great nephew.

Ponce got his name from the famous explorer. When he was barely 2 weeks old, he would crawl out of the basket and start wandering. His eyes weren't even open yet! His mother was constantly going to find him and carrying him back to his basket. He was a cute little fluff ball from the beginning.

He has a coat like a Raccoon and since it's getting closer to summer, he's shedding hair in clumps. I think we need to start a "Locks of Love" program for cats. I routinely vacuum enough hair to coat several cats.

I'm pretty sure he is part Maine Coon. His bone structure is unlike any cat I've ever had before. His paws are huge. He's quite the talker and often will whine at me until I pick him up. Then he immediately wants to get down and then comes back for more. He has a penchant for anything plastic. He's even gone after the plastic in my box of Triscuits...after chewing on it and leaving a kitty-slobbery mess all over my crackers. Of course the hair balls he coughs up are often substantial. This after brushing him everyday.

He's a funny kitty and seems to like being dressed up. He's usually pretty laid back...lazy even, but once in awhile he will start running up and down the stairs acting like a wild banshee. He talks while licking his chops after eating and it makes me laugh everytime he does it.

Tomorrow, you will meet his brother Panther...another real character.

No comments: