Tuesday, May 08, 2007

New Digs at Work


Over the weekend, my whole group at work moved from Level 2 to Level 1. Our new cubes are 6'x 8' which apparently is the size of standard prison cell sans toilet and sink (according to someone who seemed to be an authority on the subject).

I actually like my new cell. It's much more quiet than what I had before and seems more private. Before we sat in an area called a "pod" (who comes up with these names???) and there were 4 desks open to each other in this area. This was challenging since the person who sat next to me was I'm sure, part of the original "Loud Family" from SNL. There were many times when I would be talking to my rep and felt like she was on the phone call with me.

Oftentimes our cube seemed to be a gathering place. While this could be fun some days, trying to concentrate when working on complex things proved to be impossible at times. I finally got headphones and started listening to streaming radio to tune it out.

The acoustics and air quality are much better. When you work in "Dilbert" land, these things are a luxury. I also notice that I'm walking more since it's easier to get around. Hopefully, I will keep getting more exercise.


It's time for me to go get ready for another fun and exciting day at work.

No comments: